It’s no secret, that your Valentine’s Day will look, again, a bit different this year. With all social distancing and restaurant closures…
To tell you the truth I am not the biggest fan of V-Day. I truly believe love should be expressed and cherished every single day and it’s the small gestures that count.
But still, the day can be a fun excuse to celebrate your significant other or your friends…and while your itinerary may just consist of a stroll from the kitchen to the living room to the bedroom, there is still a way to doll up your day/ night with some cozy pampering and self-care ideas.
Let me tell you, wearing anything adorned with hearts, cute puppies or flowers will make you look like a Valentine’s Day aficionado (or, that’s the way I feel right now).
In case the above theme is not completely the vibe you’re going for, we’re here to assort your day and lead you to the coziest V-night in. We hope you’ll get inspired by these day-to-night routines and ideas to fully enjoy the holiday and not to over complicate things!
Finally, regardless of your style, we will share some ways, effortless yet chic to dress yourself up for Valentine’s Day or Night! We’re La Koketas, after all!
At-home spa – destress with some hot-tub day rituals in 5 step routine!
1. Open Spotify and tune in some relaxing vibes.
2. Unwind while also providing beauty benefits with dry brushing. Try not to skip this step – except for the obvious exfoliating benefit, dry brushing increases blood flow and stimulates collagen production. It dramatically increases the elasticity of the skin. Do this right before you step in the bathtub or steamed shower.
3. Combine your bath (long shower) with your mask time – toss in some chamomile, jasmine rose, or lavender scent bombs. If under the shower, a scent diffuser will be fine – just add essential oils or even use a tea candle to warm the oils up, so they can release their smell.
5. Indulge in after bath body treatment with balms and soothing gel. Layer on some nice warm latte macchiato at the side of your dressing table and enjoy both!
If your go-to nail spa is closed (covid restrictions, you know), then here are some ideas that aren’t that sugary to recreate at home. There are nail decals you can shop almost everywhere and are super easy to use. Also, they prevent your nails from the aggressive filing at nail salons. Here are more than a handful of ways to drive inspiration from.
Meals – again, this is Valentine’s day, let’s not make cooking the focal point of the evening
1. Plan and Enjoy Fondue for two. Here you can either opt for the predictable chocolate one or you can be more prepared and sassy and throw a surf and turf cheese fondue!!!
2. Order in Your Favorite Meal. Nothing more to add here. It will save you all the effort and you’ll be left to enjoy Valentine’s night to the fullest.
3. Eat Dinner off Fun Disposable Plates – just, please, use the ones that are made of pressed paper, not the plastic ones. We care for the Planet!
Fun things to do
1. Test Wines and Get Drunk – pick some fancy bottles and a selection of cheese. Add some strawberries, grapes, salami and fully enjoy the wining and dining. Who knows what will follow…
2. Hide and Seek Valentine’s Way – trust me, I’ve tried this. You can hide Valentine’s chocolates, sticky notes with lines you picked, pieces of jewelry, or some other fun gifts all around the house. You can even make a map and take the hunt to the next level!
3. Learn a Dance Together – I’ve tried this too. 💃🕺🩰 It’s super fun and very pleasing! Simply connect your TV to the YouTube video you picked and follow along. Trying this with some friends you invited to come over is so exhilarating! But before that DO NOT FORGET:
4. Mix Up a Cocktail. My favorite for this time of the year (cos I tend to vary my cocktail prefs every other month) is Moscow mule. A little background – wouldn’t you know it, the Moscow Mule is not of Russian descent. It’s an American cocktail, cooked up in Los Angeles a few years before the Cold War froze up.
The Ingredients: 2 oz. vodka, 1/2 oz. lime juice, freshly squeezed, 6 oz. ginger beer!
The Drill: Squeeze lime juice into a copper mug (or a Collins glass) and drop in the spent shell. Add ice cubes, then pour in the vodka and fill with cold ginger beer. Serve with a stirring rod.
Extra pro-décor tip – tested and La Koketa approved – candles everywhere – I mean it – everywhere – save some from the electricity bill. You can take it to the next level arranging them on the floor in a heart-like form. 😉
We will be glad if you share with us how did you manage to pull off this Valentine’s day to night ideas and looks!
Here is our fresh take on Valentine’s outfit ideas! Be sure to be prepared!
Download the app here!
Happy Love celebration, girls!
Photo credit: Pinterest, Thumbnail Photo source
Where to go from here: