There’s a reason sustainable clothing sounds like an oxymoron — because it is one.
I will not elaborate here on the harm that the fashion industry has on the environment. Or how a few industries push their sustainability credentials more forcefully than the fashion industry. Products ranging from socks to wedding dresses are marketed as carbon positive, sustainable, organic, or vegan… The truth is that as time passes more and more brands emerge branding themselves as “sustainable” while they are anything but that…
Now, as you’re here and I value your time, let me tell you this:
We, as fashion-conscious women are faced with the dilemma of how to keep our passion for fashion alive and healthy and at the same time still make our best for the environment and the planet we reside on. It feels like we are forced to choose. But still, there is a way to reduce our impact and be truly sustainable.
So, here are some tips on how to truly shop and wear sustainability – and yes, La Koketa App is in fact the only tool that can ease this process!✌
1. Buy fewer, better quality items – it may not always be the most expensive ones, but the high quality you can afford. Try to adopt a purchasing method based on how long and how often you’d wear what you buy. We’ve written here, here, and here how with La Koketa App I decide if an item is worth purchasing.
2. Be selective with trend cycles – aim for more basic and classic pieces and combine them in different outfits. Restrict or even avoid impulse buying – use the “What to wear?” button of the app to see how many different outfit combos you can have with your “wishlist” item. Or even better – check and filter your digital wardrobe to prompt yourself if you have something similar to that piece.
3. Swap clothes with friends or rent if you can and feel comfortable – specifically for special occasions where you will wear the item once.
And finally – really the only true and actual sustainable way to make the most of your fashion sense is to use what you already have –
your own clothes, those you’ve forgotten you have, that bag at the end of your drawer or these shoes in the box you hid by accident and never retrieve back from the garage…
And to be of actual use to you I give you 7 black and white outfit looks that La Koketa App offered with my clothes. And these items, I can bet, each one of you has in their wardrobe.
If you really are into sustainability and inflicting environmental change the true way to do this is to wear versatile outfits with the clothes you already have, to avoid impulse shopping by using the app to see if you already have the item in your wardrobe, and shop smartly maximizing cost per wear – again by “See in an outfit” functionality of the app!
Here is an article that’s quite a bit more in-depth about the sustainability and vegan fashion and answers some of the most common questions asked by people considering these themes: https://walterychina.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-vegan-fashion/
See you, girls! Meanwhile, check this out:
- Denim on Denim Decoded with La Koketa 👖
- Garden Party Chic 🌺🍸👗
- Travel Outfits Planning for Easter Vacation in Malaga
- Unleash your wardrobe’s true potential! 📲👗
- Embrace the Timeless Appeal of the Floral Dress 👗🌺
Here are a couple of links if you want to dig deep into false sustainability: